Last week, parents of children enrolled in Chicago Public Schools received a recorded phone message encouraging them to sign up for low-cost health insurance and food stamps:
“Currently there are 68,000 children in the Chicago Public Schools that are not enrolled in free or low-cost health insurance and SNAP also knows as food stamps,” the recording, obtained by The Daily Caller, says.*“Your child may be one of them. To find out more about your eligibility call the Children and Family Benefits Unit at 773-553-KIDS.”*The Chicago Public Schools website explains the Children and Family Benefits Unit (CFBU) “works to ensure that CPS families receive those benefits to which they are entitled.”
So many in our society are pushing more people to sign up for food stamps and are placing less importance on the need to create jobs. Yet, how can anyone ever claim our nation is in a “recovery” when 47 million Americans depend on the government to feed them?
The goal of good government is to get people off welfare, not onto it. Staying permanently enrolled in these programs - not just for temporary assistance - puts a huge strain on the economy that our nation is simply not equipped to handle.
H/T Daily Caller
- Can You Spot Any Of These 14 Tactical Snipers That Are Hidden In Plain Sight?3 years ago
- 190.4k viewsThe Strangest 50 State Laws Across America That Still Exist3 years ago
- 23k viewsTodd Lost Two Legs and an Arm in Afghanistan. That Won't Stop Him From Being an All-American Badass.2 years ago
- 855k viewsHer Dad Took Out the Door Screws In Her First Apartment and She's Warning Everyone To Do the Same...2 years ago
- Ex-Amish Couple Gives 51-Year-Old Man a Sickening 'Gift' After He Saves Their Family Farma year ago
You might like
- 3m viewsLittle Girl With Drug-Addict Mother & Abandoned by Father Is Adopted by Christian Grandparents, Becomes Best Athlete in the Worlda year ago
- 2m viewsMarine Colonel's Letter to NFL Commish for Allowing National Anthem Protests--Absolutely Blazinga year ago
- 2m viewsArmy Ranger Vet Tells Colin Kaepernick What He Should Be Doing Instead of Sitting Out Nat'l Anthema year ago