While some claim that allegations of media networks being in bed with (or at least biased in favor of) the current administration is pure fiction, that argument becomes a bit more suspect when you examine the relationships between those at the head of powerful media outlets and top White House officials.
Check out this very intriguing list:
1. Claire Shipman, Senior National Correspondent for ABC's Good Morning America, is married to President Obama's former White House Press Secretary, Jay Carney.
2. ABC News President Ben Sherwood is the brother of Elizabeth Sherwood-Randall, a top White House National Security Council official who was recently confirmed as the Department of Energy's Deputy Secretary.
3. Another pair of major network/White House siblings are CBS President David Rhodes and his brother Ben. Ben is the President's Deputy National Security Advisor for Strategic Communications.
4. Susan Rice, the White House's National Security Advisor, is the wife of former ABC News executive producer Ian Cameron.
5. Hillary Clinton's former Deputy Secretary is married to CNN deputy bureau chief Virginia Moseley.
6. Former ABC reporter Matt Jaffe is married to Deputy Press Secretary Katie Hogan.
This video from a 2013 episode of Fox News Watch shows political commentator Richard Grenell questioning the suspect relationship between the media and the Obama administration:
Now, it is possible that the journalists who share such close ties with Obama administration officials completely avoid media bias when it comes to their work performance. And they are certainly free to marry/socialize with whomever they want.
But still, the pattern is pretty astounding...