Molly Landis is a new mom, who often carries her 4-week-old daughter around in a wrap carrier.

Several nights ago — for the first time in her four weeks of life — Landis's baby fell asleep in her swing. Landis was doing chores in the kitchen as her baby slept when tragedy struck.

She explains in a Facebook post:

“I was involved in an accident where my stove burner exploded and sent a fire ball to my face, neck and chest. This caused open wounds and burns to my face and chest.”

Even though the burns are incredibly painful, Landis points out how very fortunate she is:

“The worst of my burns is to my chest— exactly where her [Landis's daughter's] precious little head would have been laying if she were in her carrier.”

Landis believes she had a guardian angel watching over her that night.

The mom explains that she is sharing her story in order to warn other new moms to be cognizant of potential dangers when they are wearing their babies in a carrier— could the activity in which they are engaging pose a potential danger to their little one?

Landis admits she never thought something like this could happen to her, and she is beyond grateful that her daughter was not harmed.

“I haven't been able to stop thinking about how lucky I truly am,” she says.

0 Comments
0 Comments
Be the first to comment!
FEATURED
sort by: latest