On Tuesday, the host of Fox News Channel's “The O'Reilly Factor” issued a performance report on President Barack Obama.
Bill O'Reilly evaluated the president on four key criteria: healthcare, foreign policy, the economy, and empowering minorities.
O'Reilly complimented the president on his intentions with Obamacare.
“Mr. Obama’s vision is good – that all Americans should have access to quality healthcare.”
Although awarded an “A” for effort, the host highlighted the poor execution of the Affordable Care Act:
- Obamacare put a steep burden on working class families.
- Health insurance costs are way up.
- Deductibles increased.
- Fewer and fewer doctors are signing up for the program.
O'Reilly named five major “blunders” that President Obama made overseas:
- Withdrawing U.S. troops from Iraq, which led to the rise of ISIS
- Lack of following through with threats against Syrian tyrant Bashar al-Assad caused migrants to flee, which destabilized Europe and led to more terrorist attacks
- Obama's impotence allowed Russian President Vladimir Putin to invade countries and hack the American political system
- Without a “fear” of America, the Chinese claimed the South China Sea as their own and undermined the U.S. economy
- Obama focused his attention on climate change instead of global jihadism
“The O'Reilly Factor” host credited President Obama for the impressive economic improvements he made in his first year. The economy, which was in a “free fall,” was stabilized due to the president's actions, according to O'Reilly.
After making the “right decision” to bail out some American car manufacturers, Obama's shift toward income redistribution caused the economy to stagnate for eight years. O'Reilly defended his criticism by noting the increase Americans saw in regard to:
- Welfare payments
As America's first African American president, Barack Obama is undoubtedly a historic figure. O'Reilly described why he considers the president a role model:
“He’s given hope to many minorities and others who see him as a person with little advantage in his early life, who, through hard work, rose up to become the most powerful man in the world.”
While this image may be a “very positive thing,” the host illustrated some negative impacts Obama had on minority communities, such as:
- He has not improved the economic or social situation for most poor, minority Americans.
- Poverty is still out of control in the U.S.A.
- Black home ownership is down under his administration.
- Racial division is way up.
When it comes down to whether or not Barack Obama's presidency makes the grade, Bill O'Reilly felt there was potential for greatness, but reality fell short of expectations.