Screen Shot 2017-10-02 at 12.03.50 PM

The FBI on Monday rejected ISIS's claim that it was responsible for the shooting massacre in Las Vegas that left at least 58 dead and more than 500 injured.

“We have determined to this point no connection with the international terrorist group,” FBI Agent Aaron Rouse said in a press conference on Monday.

“As this investigation continues, we will continue to work with our partners to ensure that this is factually, thoroughly, and absolutely investigated to be able to bring comfort and peace back to this community,” he added.

As reported by IJR, Stephen Paddock's brother earlier on Monday said the suspected shooter had no religious or political affiliations. “He was just a guy. Something happened, he snapped or something,” Eric Paddock said.

The FBI's comments come hours after the Islamic extremist group claimed responsibility for the attack, saying Stephen Paddock, 64, had converted months ago and carried out the devastating shooting “in response to calls to target states of the coalition.”

ISIS, however, has a history of falsely claiming responsibility for mass shootings.

Watch the FBI's full comments below, via Fox News.

10 Comments
10 Comments
Be the first to comment!
FEATURED
sort by: latest