Actress Millie Bobby Brown rocketed to fame seemingly overnight in 2016 after starring in the Netflix original series “Stranger Things.”
The show, which stars Brown as a character named “Eleven,” quickly found international success after its release, and has now been renewed for a second season.
The show’s popularity launched 13-year-old Brown into the mainstream spotlight.
She was soon attending press events and red carpets, which her millions of fans could follow on her social media accounts.
It’s been a whirlwind year for the young teen, but apparently, the endless work and press has been too much.
Brown recently posted a video on her Instagram apologizing for canceling an appearance at a Comic Con because she’s just exhausted.
The tired-looking teen said:
“Hey guys, I’ve never had to do one of these videos before but I have had to cancel a Comic Con last minute, which is something I’ve never, ever done and I’m planning on never doing again.”
Brown went on to say that amid the chaos of shooting the second season of “Stranger Things,” she could really use a break:
“I just think I’ve worked too hard and I have to rest. I had a really long shoot and I’m still filming ‘Stranger Things.’”
The mature 13-year-old then apologized to her fans. She said:
“I’m sorry to everyone who was going and I promise you guys I’m going to get back to you. I love you guys, thank you so much for your continued support.”
The video instantly prompted widespread support from her followers who left her well-wishes and positive messages on the Instagram post.
But it left some wondering why a 13-year-old had been pushed to such extremes. Some Instagram users wrote:
But after a short break for Brown, it seems like she’s gone right back to working on shooting the second installment of “Stranger Things.”
She posted an Instagram from Atlanta on Monday, one of the filming locations for the hit show.
The second season is due to be released in October 2017.