apartment las vegas
Las Vegas Fire & Rescue/Facebook

On Friday, a homeless man in Las Vegas was walking down the street when he noticed smoke coming from an apartment building.

Las Vegas Fire & Rescue/Facebook

According to a Facebook post by Las Vegas Fire & Rescue, as he passed the house, he heard kids crying from the apartment and sprung into action.

KSNV reported the man, identified as 36-year-old Anival Angulo, saw a 3-year-old girl near the door, but the deadbolt lock prevented her from getting out. Also inside was a 10-month-old baby boy.

Firefighters arrived on the scene and were able to contain the flames within 10 minutes, but the fire resulted in an estimated $50,000 worth of damages, according to the Facebook post.

It was ruled an accident, and the cause was determined to be food that was cooking on the stove, which caught on fire and engulfed the kitchen. The children were being watched by their grandfather, who was in the other room, and the flames prevented him from reaching them.

Credit: Independent Journal Review/NBC News 3

According to the Facebook post, other than minor cases of smoke inhalation, there were no other reported injuries.

Watch below, via KSNV.

1 Comments
1 Comments
Be the first to comment!
FEATURED
sort by: latest