Who is to blame for Donald Trump? Whose fault is it that America elected a reality TV star and made him the leader of the free world?
Since the election, some disappointed Democrats have been looking for places to assign blame for their surprising loss — and some of them were a little…well…out there.
1. First they blamed white people:
ALL white people (even those who didn't vote for Trump) are responsible for Trump getting elected because they didn't do enough to stop him pic.twitter.com/tRjUgfoAUu
— The Safest Space (@TheSafestSpace) November 11, 2016
2. Then they blamed just the white women:
I never want to hear white women talk about feminism or do I want to see them be the face of feminism. They elected Donald Trump.
— ? (@MJFinesseLover) November 9, 2016
3. And then all of the racist white people:
Bottom line is racism elected Donald Trump because America & its racist media apparatus turn a profit on hatred. Always have since slavery.
— Propane Jane™ (@docrocktex26) November 9, 2016
4. Then they cast a slightly wider net, blaming racists, sexists, and homophobes:
5. Some blamed “fake news” on Facebook:
Facebook’s failure: did fake news and polarized politics get Trump elected? https://t.co/0QFS3TcFUU
— The Guardian (@guardian) November 11, 2016
6. Others blamed the media in general:
The media helped get Trump elected.
He is good for their ratings.
— TheNewDeal (@TheNewDeal) November 13, 2016
At the top of the list of who to blame is the media. They ran with the Comey letter for a week. This elected Trump. #NotMyPresident
— Thomas Reich (@gollum1419_g) November 9, 2016
7. Or rich Americans:
Don't blame the left-behind
Few of them even voted
Millions of well-to-do Americans voted for Trump knowing that he fomented hatred
— Tom London (@TomLondon6) November 15, 2016
8. Or multi-national corporations?
So Liberal Left being blamed for Trump's win. How abt you blame Multi Nat Corps who use MSM to fool ppl to throw away their power?#auspol
— Kailani Mana (@mana_kailani) November 15, 2016
9. Or voter suppression:
10. Another scapegoat? The Chicago Cubs:
11. A lot of people laid the blame on FBI Chief James Comey:
I get that no one wants to talk about how Comey elected Trump (esp the news media that played along) but Comey elected Trump
— Michael Cohen (@speechboy71) November 12, 2016
12. Or Russia, with an assist from WikiLeaks:
Not a small deal: without using specific names, the current NSA head said Russia used WikiLeaks to help get Trump elected https://t.co/FVAt1FiNaT
— Edward-Isaac Dovere (@IsaacDovere) November 16, 2016
13. And a few felt that Georgia Rep. John Lewis (D) had cost Bernie Sanders the primary — which they said in turn cost the Democrats the general election:
— Jacob Was Kenobi (@Old_Bern_Kenobi) November 14, 2016
14. And some blamed the DNC for pushing a weak candidate:Image Credit: Frederic J. Brown/Getty Images
15. Baby-boomers took some of the blame:
“If it were up to the dreaded Millennials, Clinton would have won. It was the Boomers who elected Trump.” https://t.co/ALV4o4vZUO
— The Baffler (@thebafflermag) November 11, 2016
16. A few blamed libertarians, third-party voters, and anyone who voted ‘Harambe’:
Everyone who voted libertarian, any 3rd party, or "Harambe," congrats… You've elected Trump. This election was bigger than you!!!!
— Fionaaa Kiernann (@fiona_teresa_) November 9, 2016
17. Or “the system“:
18. But Piers Morgan topped them all, blaming Trump’s election on the “snobbish sneering” perpetuated by the panelists at the BBC:
Hillary-slathering #bbcqt panel competing as to who can be most outraged about President Trump. Same snobbish sneering that got him elected.
— Piers Morgan (@piersmorgan) November 10, 2016
No matter who’s “to blame” for Donald Trump’s election, unless the Democrats pull off an eleventh hour miracle to swing the electoral college before they meet in December, everyone will have to come to terms with the fact that he will be inaugurated in January.