On Thursday afternoon, Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton delivered a speech directed at highlighting Donald Trump's relationship with the alt-right, a conservative movement that includes white nationalist elements.
Speaking to supporters in Reno, Nevada, the former Secretary of State didn't hold back in hurling Donald Trump's comments right back at him by suggesting he is in cahoots with racists and conspiracy theorists.
1) The alt-right “has effectively taken over the Republican Party.”
2) “Make America Hate Again”
3) “His latest paranoid fever dream is about my health.”
4) “He's had to fire so many campaign managers it's like an episode of 'The Apprentice.'”
5) Bringing up Alex Jones
6) “This is what happens when you treat the National Enquirer like gospel.”
7) Bringing up the birther movement
8) “There has been a steady stream of bigotry coming from him.”
9) Saying Trump delves into “dark conspiracy theories” from “tabloids” and the “far dark reaches of the internet”
10) Trump's outreach to minorities after he's “ignored and mistreated them for decades”
11) How Trump describes black communities
12) Bringing up the headlines of the website run by Donald Trump's new campaign CEO
She told the crowd:
The latest shake-up was designed to – quote – “Let Trump be Trump.” To do that, he hired Stephen Bannon, the head of a right-wing website called Breitbart.com, as campaign CEO.
To give you a flavor of his work, here are a few headlines they’ve published:
- “Birth Control Makes Women Unattractive and Crazy.”
- “Would You Rather Your Child Had Feminism or Cancer?”
- “Gabby Giffords: The Gun Control Movement’s Human Shield”
- “Hoist It High And Proud: The Confederate Flag Proclaims A Glorious Heritage.”
That one came shortly after the Charleston massacre, when Democrats and Republicans alike were doing everything they could to heal racial divides. Breitbart tried to enflame them further.
Just imagine – Donald Trump reading that and thinking: “this is what I need more of in my campaign.”
Now to wait and see how Donald Trump responds ...