On the day before President-elect Donald Trump came to Washington, D.C., to meet with President Obama, a list of the names of possible Trump cabinet choices and other key jobs was leaked to reporters.
This being Washington and all, the list of names is undoubtedly a way to vet these choices in the court of public opinion before spending any political capital defending them.
And, revealing the list also creates a sort of buzz around the campaign.
BuzzFeed received a copy of the list of names that Trump reportedly is considering and here are just some of the bigger names being considered for high profile posts (you can find the full list here):
- Attorney General: Former Mayor and federal prosecutor Rudy Giuliani, Governor Chris Christie, and Senator Jeff Sessions.
- Secretary of State: Ambassador John Bolton, Senator Bob Corker, former House speaker Newt Gingrich
- Treasury Secretary: Businessman Carl Icahn, Congressman Jeb Hensarling
- Secretary of Defense: Retired General Mike Flynn, Stephen Hadley, Congressman Duncan Hunter, Jr., Senator Jeff Sessions, former senator Jim Talent
- Veterans Affairs: Congressman Jeff Miller
- Secretary of Homeland Security: Governor Chris Christie, Sheriff David Clarke
- Secretary of Commerce: Former governor Mike Huckabee, former senator Jim Talent
- Health and Human Services: Former presidential candidate Dr. Ben Carson, Florida governor Rick Scott, former House speaker Newt Gingrich
- Secretary of Education: Former presidential candidate Dr. Ben Carson, Hoover Institution fellow William Evers
- Energy Secretary: Venture capitalist, Robert Grady, Businessman Harold Hamm
- Agriculture Secretary: Kansas Governor Sam Brownback, Chuck Conner, CEO of the National Council of Farmer Cooperatives
- Interior Secretary: Former governor Sarah Palin, former governor Jan Brewer, Governor Mary Fallin, energy executive Forrest Lucas
- Chief of Staff: RNC chief Reince Priebus
The haterade has already begun to be swilled:
There are three names that pop up twice on the list. They are New Jersey Governor Chris Christie, former senator Jim Talent and former presidential candidate Dr. Ben Carson.
Let the speculation begin.