It's time to come to grips with your victimization, America. If you haven't felt guilty for the last thirty minutes or so, you're in luck!
A United Church of Christ has got just the chart for you.
Let's make sure you've got the appropriate physical equipment to enjoy this ideological exercise in self-flagellation:
- White skin
We'll also accept “anything paler than polished mahogany.” Got it? Good!
Shall we begin? Here are the “10 Ways You Can Actively Reject Your White Privilege.” First, become a member of the Democratic Socialists of America. Whoa! Looks like I jumped the gun there. That's not the first one. Bear with me.
Here's the whole list:
Now, you have to have an active an open imagination somewhat on par with Stanley Kubrick's to follow this, but we'll try to keep this simple. (Those of a more intellectual persuasion can check out the explanation at The Daily Wire.)
Here is the list again, in plain English:
- Don't voice your concerns about anti-white rhetoric
- Don't try to improve buildings to make the neighborhood look nicer
- Don't say anything to people of different backgrounds, because it's probably an insult you're not aware of
- Don't try to be inclusive for the sake of diversity (wait, what?)
- Don't ask non-white people what they mean when they say things you don't understand
- Don't have minority role models
- Harass everyone about your perceptions of racism, both real and imagined
- Look for it everywhere, even under your bed at night
- Don't participate in conversations about race when you should mind your own business
- Remember, very smart people say you're racist ... even if you think you aren't
The list comes from a United Church of Christ with the website NewSacred.org. They have other posts that appear to be quite serious, such as, “Get Behind Me, Satan: White Women and Our Well-Meaning Aggressions.”
The original post explaining these 10 points in SJW-ese can be found here.
The reaction to their list? It's been pretty priceless:
Morgan Freeman, as usual, gets the last word:
Now, that's a brave and enlightened thing to say. As opposed to this idiotic and pointless list.
Correction: An earlier version of this article stated it was a Church of Christ blog, but it is actually United Church of Christ. There is obviously a big difference. UPDATE 9:53 a.m. 3/14/2017