north korea

Screenshot/Fox News

The North Korean regime said it would complete its plan to attack “waters near Guam,” a U.S. territory, by mid-August, according to the Associated Press on Wednesday.

That came just a day after North Korean state media reported that the country was weighing an attack on Guam where the U.S. has military assets. North Korea's military rebuffed a previous threat from Trump, calling it a “load of nonsense,” according to the AP.

The nuclear-armed regime also said the only way to deal with Trump was through “absolute force.”

As was previously reported, Defense Secretary James Mattis warned the North Korean regime that it would lose in an armed conflict against the United States:

https://twitter.com/JasonLeopold/status/895325582266740738?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fijr.com%2F2017%2F08%2F943487-sec-def-mattis-warns-north-korea-grossly-overmatched-lose-armed-conflict%2F

Mattis's statement followed tough rhetoric from President Donald Trump who called for “tough & decisive” action with regard to North Korea.

The Defense Intelligence Agency determined that North Korea manufactured a miniaturized nuclear warhead, which can fit inside long-range missiles capable of reaching the U.S.

News of the regime's capability comes against the backdrop of several provocative missile and nuclear tests. In July, the U.S. Department of State confirmed that North Korea had launched an intercontinental ballistic missile capable of reaching the U.S. And according to The Washington Post, the hermit nation has tested five nuclear weapons since 2006.

6 Comments
6 Comments
Be the first to comment!
FEATURED
sort by: latest