IJR

Biden to Participate in Next Debate With Safety Precautions in Place

Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden is planning to attend the next presidential debate as long as the Commission on Presidential Debates implements safety measures.

ABC’s George Stephanopoulos asked Biden’s deputy campaign manager Kate Bedingfield if the campaign is prepared to accept any changes to the rules.

“We hope that they’re going to put in place every adjustment necessary to ensure that it’s fully safe,” Bedingfield said.

She added, “We send President Trump our best. We hope that he is well and able to debate. If he is, Joe Biden will certainly be there.”

Check out her comments below:

Trending:
Biden Revokes Trump's TikTok Executive Order, Replaces It With His Own

She stressed the former vice president “looks forward to every opportunity” to speak to the American people about how he would handle the coronavirus pandemic.

Bedingfield reiterated assuming the Commission on Presidential Debates puts in place the proper safety precautions, Biden will be there to debate the president.

Stephanopoulos pressed her on whether the campaign would accept a change to the schedule.

She explained the campaign believes the debate should move forward as scheduled.

Bedingfield acknowledged it depends on Trump’s health following his COVID-19 diagnosis.

The ABC host noted Vice President Mike Pence’s contact with Trump and asked Bedingfield if she is comfortable with the vice presidential debate moving forward.

“We have every expectation that the debate commission take all necessary precautions to ensure that everybody who attends the debate is safe. Obviously that includes distancing, that includes a requirement on masks,” Bedingfield said.

She went on, “So, we have every expectation that they will do that. Provided that all of those expectations are met, yes absolutely.”

Related:
Gottlieb Weighs In on COVID-19 Origin Theories: ‘Lab Leaks Happen All the Time’

Biden and his wife Jill have tested negative for coronavirus, according to a statement issued by their doctor on Friday, as IJR previously reported.

White House physician Sean Conley said on Sunday Trump’s condition “has continued to improve,” as IJR previously reported.

Truth and Accuracy

Submit a Correction



We are committed to truth and accuracy in all of our journalism. Read our editorial standards.

Tags:
, ,

Conversation