Fox News Isn’t Backing Down Amid Boycott: We ‘Will Not Allow Voices Like Tucker Carlson to Be Censored’

Fox News issued a fierce response as host Tucker Carlson faced a boycott led by left-leaning groups and individuals.

“We cannot and will not allow voices like Tucker Carlson to be censored by agenda-driven intimidation efforts from the likes of Moveon.org, Media Matters and Sleeping Giants,” Fox News said, according to The Daily Wire.

The network also called out other groups for their hypocrisy in the way they treated other broadcasters.

“While we do not advocate boycotts,” the network said, “these same groups never target other broadcasters and operate under a grossly hypocritical double standard given their intolerance to all opposing points of view.”

As IJR previously reported, Carlson endured backlash after he made controversial comments about immigrants in the United States. “We have a moral obligation to admit the world’s poor, they tell us, even if it makes our own country poorer and dirtier, and more divided,” Carlson said.

Carlson already faced backlash at his own home, as Antifa protesters terrorized his wife for the types of messages that her husband promotes.

“Attempts were made last month to bully and terrorize Tucker and his family at their home,” the network said. “He is now once again being threatened via Twitter by far-left activist groups with deeply political motives.”

As with the recent boycott, Fox News also defended Carlson during that incident. The network has a history of defending its anchors. Earlier this year, Fox refused to back down as one of its primetime hosts — conservative firebrand Laura Ingraham — faced a boycott from Parkland survivor David Hogg.

Similar to Carlson’s situation, advertisers fled her program amid pressure. When Ingraham spoke about the issue, she blasted those advertisers for giving into a mob mentality. “They all gave into the mob,” she said on her radio program.

Fox News was more measured in their response to Carlson’s incident. In a statement to IJR, the network said it would “continue to stand by and work with our advertisers through these unfortunate and unnecessary distractions.”

CNN reported on Tuesday that more than a dozen companies halted advertising on Carlson’s program.

Those included major companies like Land Rover, Ancestry.com, CareerBuilder, Ameritrade, Pacific Life, and more.

Both Carlson and Fox indicated that the controversy was about free speech. “It is a shame that left-wing advocacy groups, under the guise of being supposed ‘media watchdogs’ weaponize social media against companies in an effort to stifle free speech,” the network told IJR.

Earlier this week, Carlson responded to the boycott and refused to “shut up” in response to the pressure.

Watch his response below:

While it’s unclear how the boycott will affect Carlson’s show in the long-term, Ingraham seemed to survive pretty well in terms of ratings.

What do you think?

Comments

newest oldest most voted
Notify of
David Collins
Member

Amen Fox ! Thankyou for not letting free speech be silenced and for not letting hypocritical liberal groups succeed with FAKE OUTRAGE ! Thankyou

Screwtape
Member

1. Boycotts are consumer-driven, not by sponsors.

2. If the Left, like moveon (brought to us by Soros) does it, it’s a tactic we can use.

3. Because the boycotts against Chik-fil-a and Laura Ingraham were so expensive.

4. So we’re not only politically and culturally divided, we’re now split as consumers. When will people wake up and say “this marriage is over” AND negotiate a “peaceful” divorce? The alternative is going to be really messy.

M Shane Rushing
Member

I 100% support Fox News & Tucker Carlson.

Rocky Drummond
Member

“these same groups never target other broadcasters”

Not true, never was true. Nightline, Geraldo, Saturday Night Live, Inside Edition, even Benny Hill, just to name a few, have all been shows on various networks subject to commercial boycotts.

Loading…

0

Comments

0 comments

Schumer, Trump

‘Mexico Ain’t Footing the Bill’: Schumer Tears Into Trump’s Claim That Mexico Will ‘Indirectly’ Pay for Wall

Eric Bolling Is Making His Way Back Into the Media Business — With a New Long-Term Deal with The Blaze