Suzanne Scott, CEO of Fox News, and Jay Wallace, President of Fox News, have issued a strong condemnation for the behavior of the Antifa mob that targeted the home of Tucker Carlson Wednesday night.
Carlson was at work Wednesday when he was alerted that there was a commotion outside of his home. The Antifa group “Smash Racism” was outside his home, yelling accusations of racism with a bullhorn and banging on his door.”
The Fox News host told the Washington Post that his wife was home alone at the time. She quickly hid in the pantry and called 911, fearing that they would break down the door.
“She had been in the kitchen alone getting ready to go to dinner and she heard pounding on the front door and screaming,” Carlson said. “Someone started throwing himself against the front door and actually cracked the front door.”
The protesters filmed the situation revealing that, at one point, one woman wished they had brought a pipe bomb.
Carlson told the Post that he fears for his family, including his four kids, saying, “How can you go out for dinner and leave the kids at home at this point? If they’re talking about pipe bombs … how do you live like that?”
In response to the craziness, Scott and Wallace released a statement, calling for an end to politically motivated violence and asked that Americans try to “find common ground.”
“The incident that took place at Tucker’s home last night was reprehensible. The violent threats and intimidation tactics toward him and his family are completely unacceptable. We as a nation have become far too intolerant of different points of view. Recent events across our country clearly highlight the need for a more civil, respectful, and inclusive national conversation. Those of us in the media and in politics bear a special obligation to all Americans, to find common ground.”
Although Carlson was clearly rattled by the incident, he told the Post, “I’m not going to be bullied and intimidated.”