Harris Told Donors She’s Uncomfortable With Sanders’ Medicare for All Plan — She Co-Sponsored His Bill

Brian Snyder/Reuters

Senator Kamala Harris (D-Calif.) is facing backlash after she claimed she is uncomfortable with Senator Bernie Sanders‘ (I-Vt.) Medicare for All plan even though she co-sponsored his bill.

Both Sanders and Harris are running in the 2020 Democratic presidential primary under similar policy plans. The two are both running on a version of Medicare for All with the biggest difference being that Sanders wants to fully abolish the private health insurance industry, while Harris has left the option for private coverage on the table.

However, Harris has flipped on abolishing private insurance a few times on the campaign trail, as IJR previously reported. She is also a current co-sponsor of Sanders’ Medicare for All Act currently floating around the U.S. Senate.

She must have forgotten that last detail, however, because she told donors she is not comfortable with Sanders’ proposal to abolish private insurance as described in his bill.

According to a report from Bloomberg, Harris spoke to donors in the Hamptons where she told the crowd that she believes in capitalism and has concerns with Sanders’ health care plan.

“I have not been comfortable with Bernie’s plan,” Harris told the room.

This didn’t sit well with many of Harris’s critics. Twitter users from the right and the left called out Harris for her claim, noting that she either sponsors legislation she’s uncomfortable with or she was trying to change her tune when speaking to a room of donors.

Others claimed that Harris has a track record of supporting policies she may see as politically expedient. Over her career, Harris flipped on several major policy issues as IJR previously reported.

As for Sanders, he’s been consistent about his intentions to abolish private health insurance in the United States in favor of his Medicare for All plan. He’s also acknowledged that he plans to raise taxes on the wealthy and the middle class to pay for the proposal.

What do you think?

Comments

newest oldest most voted
Notify of
General Confusion
Member

“she told donors she is not comfortable with Sanders’ proposal to abolish private insurance as described in his bill.” Article

She told big, corporate donors IN THE HAMPTONS!

That’s it. I am done with her. Next!

Otis
Member

It is funny how so many politicians ‘forget’ what they’ve said or done.

banstan
Member

Cheryl-since ijr can’t fix the simplest of problems, or they just don’t care how bad their site functions, let me repeat my comment: Did you notice the lie she told that old lady. told her that she wasn’t going to touch her healthcare. kamalalaladingdong lies right to your face and thinks NOBODY will see.

Cherl
Member

This gang of 20 changes their spins so often that it’s difficult to keep up. Not that I care. Hope everyone saw the little lady in the nursing home who told Harris to “leave her health care alone”. Bet Kamala didn’t see that coming.

Joyce Duke
Member

Obviously Kamala Harris, like most of the demoncRATS stands for nothing so they will fall for anything, which probably explains why they have been working hand in hand with the one world global government, aka the new world order to keep our southern border wide open for all the invading illegal alien immigrants for many decades & still are for them to be used as a George Soros style “WEAPON OF WAR” to crash our economy & take down President Trump, who is showing them a thing or two on how to operate a business, have a booming ecoomy &… Read more »

Sherri
Member

The left lie. It’s that simple. They flip, they flop, they lie, steal and cheat. If you vote for a leftie you are voting for a liar that will not keep promises, they won’t even try to. They will do what their Globalist DS overloads tell them to do. BTW, Harris is the lefts chosen one, just like Clinton. I’ll be amazed if she doesn’t get the nomination.

James
Member

Why haven’t these Donkey Party nitwits mentioned the fact Medicare for All will take 90% of the Federal budget; leaving just 10% for defense, etc.? [Sorry if I revealed something we weren’t supposed to know.]

Maybe the US will follow Finland’s Socialism plan for medical care – exactly like the Medicare for All – which just recently bankrupted the Country.

Glenn Botts
Member

Typical demonRAT supports a bill that she didn’t read a single word of it and, like Piglosi, wants it passed to find out what’s in it.

Loading…

0

Comments

0 comments

Trump ‘Not Ready’ for China Trade Deal, Dismisses Recession Fears

Trump Thinks Lines at His Rallies Prove Polls Showing Him Losing to Democrats Are Wrong