EDITOR'S NOTE: After people questioned the legitimacy of the Twitter account, Independent Journal Review reached out for verification of the authenticity of the group. In an automated response, the group said: “Thank you for contacting the official page for the Antifa organization in the Boston area.” We will update this article as needed.
Note: This article contains coarse language that may offend some readers.
Antifa is a progressive group that hates capitalism and has anti-American sentiments. The group also regularly uses violence as a tactic for their political ends. This weekend in Boston, dozens of its members were arrested for violent actions against police. The supposed Boston chapter of antifa used social media to highlight their actions at the rally.
If you are wondering what antifa stands for and what the group condones, the alleged official Twitter account of the Boston antifa group set the record pretty straight over the last 24 hours. Here is what we found:
1. Thanking “Hillary Democrats” for their support and burning an American flag:
2. Calling the American flag a “garbage rag” and praising protesters who assaulted someone carrying it:
3. Longing for a Soviet flag to be flown over the U.S. Capitol:
4. “Free Speech Is Dead”:
5. Stating their intentions as “Anarcho-Communists”:
6. Cheering the harassment of U.S. veterans and someone wearing an Israeli flag:
7. Retweeting this:
Please note: This is a commentary piece. The views and opinions expressed within it are those of the author only and do not necessarily reflect the editorial opinion of IJR.