Since Donald Trump announced he was running for president, he has seen no shortage of the media spotlight.
But one thing that fails to receive coverage: how Trump has touched the lives of others.
Here are 5 acts of kindness that reveal there’s more to the billionaire than just his big celebrity persona.
1. The time he gave sanctuary to Grammy Award winning singer Jennifer Hudson after three of her family members were murdered:Image Credit: YouTube Screenshot/Oprah Winfrey Network
When Hudson’s mother, brother and nephew were gunned down in Chicago, she put everything on hold for a while. She stayed at Trump Tower to grieve, where The Donald didn’t charge her a dime and also provided security for her and a few of her family members.
2. Airlines wouldn’t accommodate a boy who had serious medical issues, so Trump offered his jet to help:Image Credit: Matthew Busch/Getty Images
Three-year-old Andrew Ten needed to go to New York to receive some special medical attention. But there was one big problem: The airlines refused to board him because Ten required several different pieces of medical equipment on the flight. Ten’s parents put in a call to Trump, who then dispatched his private jet to meet their pressing needs.
Ten’s father said of Trump:
“He is a good man. He has three children of his own and he knows what being a parent is all about.”
3. He helped save a family’s working farm that was going into foreclosure:Image Credit: Flickr/David Berry
In 1986, Annabell Hill was in danger of losing her family farm. On top of that, her husband had just committed suicide hoping that his life insurance policy would cover the remaining balance that they owed. When Trump saw her tragic story, he decided to do something about it.
According to the New York Times:
Donald Trump, the New York real estate tycoon, helped prevent foreclosure today on a family farm whose owner had committed suicide to try to save his land.
Mrs. Hill proposed to bank officials that the land be sold privately so she could keep some of the 705 acres. Parts of the farm have been in the Hill family for three generations.
4. After Sergeant Andrew Tahmooressi was released from a prison in Mexico, The Donald sent him a big check to help get him back on his feet:Image Credit: Facebook
5. What Trump did for a bus driver who helped save a woman from jumping off a bridge:Image Credit: YouTube
Darnell Barton was driving his bus across a bridge when he spotted a woman on the other side of railing, staring down at the traffic below. Barton stopped the bus and approached the woman. After one of his passengers explained they didn’t want to “see someone die,” he managed to put his arm around her and she agreed to come to the other side of the bridge.
After hearing about what Barton did, The Donald sent him ten thousand dollars.
“I thought that was so beautiful to see. I think he is a great guy with an amazing heart and I said that man should be rewarded.
Clearly, Donald Trump isn’t just a good businessman, he’s a Good Samaritan, too.