In response to North Korea’s recent ICBM test launch, the United States and South Korea have made a joint show of force.
The response launch took place Tuesday evening and involved missiles being launched into the South China Sea. Utilized was the Army Tactical Missile System (ATACMS) and the Republic of Korea’s Hyunmoo Missile II, according to The Hill. The ATACMS is a surface-to-surface missile.
As previously reported by Independent Journal Review:
Secretary of State Rex Tillerson confirmed on Tuesday that the communist regime of North Korea tested a missile that could potentially carry a bomb to the United States.
Tillerson’s confirmation came the same day that North Korea claimed to have tested an intercontinental ballistic missile (ICBM). Sources within the administration told CNN that an unexpected meeting among officials took place on Tuesday. They discussed the situation and potential options.
The missile could have long-range capabilities and reach the west coast of the United States. On Tuesday, Tillerson called North Korea’s launch “a new escalation of the threat to the United States, our allies and partners, the region, and the world.”
In a statement, the U.S. Army said: “The deep strike precision capability enables the (South Korean)-U.S. alliance to engage the full array of time critical targets under all weather conditions.”