A late-night disturbance in New Orleans’ Marigny neighborhood ended with actor Shia LaBeouf in handcuffs after police said two men were punched during an altercation outside a Royal Street business.
According to Fox News, officers responded around 12:45 a.m. Tuesday to reports of a simple battery in the 1400 block of Royal Street, according to the New Orleans Police Department.
Two male victims told authorities they had been assaulted.
Investigators said LaBeouf, 39, was “causing a disturbance and becoming increasingly aggressive at a Royal Street business.” When an employee tried to remove him from the establishment, the actor allegedly struck the worker several times with “closed fists.”
“The victims reported that LaBeouf left, but then came back, acting even more aggressive.”
Police said multiple bystanders attempted to restrain him outside the venue in Faubourg Marigny before letting him up in hopes he would leave the area.
Instead, officers said, LaBeouf allegedly punched the same victim again in the upper body and then struck another person in the nose.
“LaBeouf was again held down until police arrived,” authorities said. “He was taken to a hospital for treatment of unknown injuries. Upon release, he was arrested and charged with two counts of simple battery.”
Video obtained by TMZ showed the actor shirtless outside the business before emergency medical services transported him to a local hospital.
The arrest adds to a series of past legal troubles for LaBeouf. His first mugshot came after an altercation with a security guard at a Chicago Walgreens. In 2020, he was charged with misdemeanor battery and theft and was ordered to attend weekly therapy, wear a Soberlink alcohol-monitoring device, and submit to random testing.
In a 2022 interview with Robert Barron for Word on Fire Catholic Ministries, LaBeouf spoke about personal struggles while researching the late mystic Padre Pio for the film “Padre Pio.”
“I had been abusive to women, and had been shooting dogs and willingly been giving women STD’s,” he said. “It’s disgusting. It’s depraved. My mother is embarrassed beyond imagination.”
LaBeouf said at the time he had been sober for more than 600 days and was converting to Catholicism following a public fallout tied to a lawsuit filed by his ex-girlfriend FKA Twigs.
Twigs, whose legal name is Tahliah Debrett Barnett, accused the actor of sexual battery, assault and emotional distress, describing the alleged abuse as “relentless.” She also claimed he knowingly gave her a sexually transmitted disease and imposed strict and controlling behavior during their relationship.
LaBeouf denied many of the allegations, saying he was working toward recovery from PTSD and alcoholism.
The lawsuit was settled in July 2025.














Continue with Google