• Latest
  • Trending
  • All
  • News
  • Business
  • Lifestyle
Fans Chant ‘USA’ at Sugar Bowl Following New Orleans Attack

Fans Chant ‘USA’ at Sugar Bowl Following New Orleans Attack

January 3, 2025
ELIZABETH LAWRENCE: Americans Want Illegals Out, Say ICE Goes Too Far

ELIZABETH LAWRENCE: Americans Want Illegals Out, Say ICE Goes Too Far

February 22, 2026
TRON SIMPSON: Ted Nugent Slams Ticketmaster’s Big-Business Price Controls

TRON SIMPSON: Ted Nugent Slams Ticketmaster’s Big-Business Price Controls

February 21, 2026
DAVID BLACKMON: Stellantis Pivots To Diesel – What That Means For Europe’s EV Future

DAVID BLACKMON: Stellantis Pivots To Diesel – What That Means For Europe’s EV Future

February 21, 2026
NY Cardinal Timothy Dolan Reveals How He ‘Was Ticked Off’ By Mamdani, JD Vance’s ‘Scurrilous’ Suggestion

NY Cardinal Timothy Dolan Reveals How He ‘Was Ticked Off’ By Mamdani, JD Vance’s ‘Scurrilous’ Suggestion

February 21, 2026
Trump Announces ‘Legally Tested’ Maximum Tariff Action Against Countries Accused Of ‘Ripping The US Off’

Trump Announces ‘Legally Tested’ Maximum Tariff Action Against Countries Accused Of ‘Ripping The US Off’

February 21, 2026
Reality Star Reveals Cancer Diagnosis, Issues Blunt Screening Warning

Reality Star Reveals Cancer Diagnosis, Issues Blunt Screening Warning

February 21, 2026
EXCLUSIVE: Mike Benz Says Trump Admin Has ‘Once-In-Generation’ Chance To Put Deep State On Defense Post-Epstein Files

EXCLUSIVE: Mike Benz Says Trump Admin Has ‘Once-In-Generation’ Chance To Put Deep State On Defense Post-Epstein Files

February 21, 2026
Sheriff Keeping Tight Grip on Guthrie Kidnapping Probe, Insider Claims

Sheriff Keeping Tight Grip on Guthrie Kidnapping Probe, Insider Claims

February 21, 2026
Mayweather Ends Retirement, Targets Record-Breaking Return

Mayweather Ends Retirement, Targets Record-Breaking Return

February 21, 2026
Ex-UConn Standout Convicted in $328M Medicare Genetic Testing Fraud

Ex-UConn Standout Convicted in $328M Medicare Genetic Testing Fraud

February 21, 2026
DEBBIE LESKO: The Road To True Election Integrity In America

DEBBIE LESKO: The Road To True Election Integrity In America

February 21, 2026
Conan O’Brien Recalls Final Night With Reiners Before Shocking Double Murder

Conan O’Brien Recalls Final Night With Reiners Before Shocking Double Murder

February 21, 2026
  • Donald Trump
  • Tariffs
  • Congress
  • Faith
  • Immigration
Sunday, February 22, 2026
  • Login
IJR
  • Politics
  • US News
  • Commentary
  • World News
  • Faith
  • Latest Polls
No Result
View All Result
IJR
No Result
View All Result
Home FaithTap

Fans Chant ‘USA’ at Sugar Bowl Following New Orleans Attack

by Sandra Rhodes
January 3, 2025 at 8:54 am
in FaithTap, Featured, News
251 5
0
Fans Chant ‘USA’ at Sugar Bowl Following New Orleans Attack

NEW ORLEANS, LOUISIANA - JANUARY 02: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish take the field prior to the 91st Allstate Sugar Bowl against the Georgia Bulldogs at Caesars Superdome on January 02, 2025 in New Orleans, Louisiana. (Photo by Chris Graythen/Getty Images)

498
SHARES
1.4k
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

The Sugar Bowl took a sweet turn after fans shouted “U-S-A, U-S-A” before and after the National Anthem.

The game between Georgia and Notre Dame Caesars Superdome in New Orleans was delayed a day after what is being investigated as a terrorist attack New Year’s Day, according to NOLA.com.

A man drove a pickup truck onto the sidewalk into a crowd of people. 

The driver was shot and killed on the scene. A total of 15 people were killed and dozens more injured.

But the sad turn of events earlier this week did not hamper the crowd Thursday night.

“USA, USA, USA’ before and after the national anthem at the Sugar Bowl in New Orleans,” as reported by WSB TV’s Zach Klein on X.

chants or USA, USA, USA before and after the national anthem at the Sugar Bowl in New Orleans 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸 pic.twitter.com/IYkHgnC3YY

— Zach Klein (@ZachKleinWSB) January 2, 2025

The anthem was sung by Samyra, a former Harvard student and now a TikTok sensation with over 2 million followers.

At approximately 3:15 a.m. on New Year’s Day, a 42-year-old man drove a pickup truck he rented onto the sidewalk and on Bourbon Street into a crowd of people. After he crashed the truck, he was shot and killed on the scene. A total of 15 people were killed and dozens more injured. The FBI is investigating the incident as a terrorist attack.

A moment of silence was held in the stadium after the anthem.

On ESPN’s broadcast, President Joe Biden made a statement regarding the tragedy.

Afterwards many took note of the experience at the game on X.

“A booming finish to the national anthem before the Sugar Bowl. A little extra sauce on the HOME OF THE BRAVE,” Ross Dellenger sports writer posted.

A booming finish to the national anthem before the Sugar Bowl. A little extra sauce on the HOME OF THE BRAVE. pic.twitter.com/BdzxJ6CcjU

— Ross Dellenger (@RossDellenger) January 2, 2025

Dellenger added, “Moment of silence for the French Quarter victims ahead of the Sugar Bowl.”

Moment of silence for the French Quarter victims ahead of the Sugar Bowl. pic.twitter.com/XNDgLBPOAB

— Ross Dellenger (@RossDellenger) January 2, 2025
Tags: New OrleansSugar BowlU.S. News
Share199Tweet125
Sandra Rhodes

Sandra Rhodes

IJR, Contributor Writer She was a Story Editor for Indpendent Journal Review since November 2022 and has written for IJR since February 2024. She has been in the newspaper business in various capacities since 1998.

IJR

    Copyright © 2024 IJR

Trusted Voices On All Sides

  • About Us
  • GDPR Privacy Policy
  • Terms of Service
  • Editorial Standards & Corrections Policy
  • Subscribe to IJR

Follow Us

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Politics
  • US News
  • Commentary
  • World News
  • Faith
  • Latest Polls

    Copyright © 2024 IJR