King Charles issued a statement Thursday following the arrest of his brother Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor, stating the “law must take its course.”
Mountbatten-Windsor was arrested for his connection with Jeffrey Epstein,” Mediaite reported.
“I have learned with the deepest concern the news about Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor and suspicion of misconduct in public office. What now follows is the full, fair and proper process by which this issue is investigated in the appropriate manner and by the appropriate authorities,” the monarch said on a statement. “In this, as I have said before, they have our full and wholehearted support and co-operation.”
“Let me state clearly: the law must take its course.
As this process continues, it would not be right for me to comment further on this matter,” the statement continued. “Meanwhile, my family and I will continue in our duty and service to you all. Charles R.”
Police stated that “a man in his sixties from Norfolk has been arrested and remains in police custody” as part of an investigation into suspected “misconduct in public office.”
Mountbatten-Windsor was arrested at his home in Sandringham on his 66th birthday.
There has been renewed scrutiny over the ex-prince’s links to Epstein after the Department of Justice released millions of documents in January. The files showed more of his past contact with Epstein. Epstein died in a New York jail in 2019 while awaiting trial on child sex charges.
Emails published by the Justice Department appeared to show Mountbatten-Windsor had forwarded sensitive U.K. trade visit reports to Epstein. At the time, Mountbatten-Windsor held a senior government-linked role and years after the disgraced financier’s sex offense conviction.
Mountbatten-Windsor was serving as the U.K.’s special representative for trade and investment, a role he held from 2001 until July 2011.
Mountbatten-Windsor was stripped of his “prince” title last year by the king, has consistently denied any financial or sexual wrongdoing.














Continue with Google