Share
News

Tucker Carlson Issues Video Message — First Since His Fox News Ouster

Share

Former Fox News primetime host Tucker Carlson is breaking his silence.

Speaking out publicly for the first time since news broke earlier this week of his Fox News departure, Carlson issued a video message on Wednesday evening.

After “[stepping] outside the noise for a few days,” Carlson shared his acknowledgment of “how many genuinely nice people there are in this country.”

He added in the video posted to Twitter: “The other thing you notice when you take a little time off is how unbelievably stupid most of the debates you see on television are. They’re completely irrelevant. They mean nothing. In five years, we won’t even remember that we had them. Trust me as someone who has participated in them.”

Carlson touched on the “undeniably big topics” that will “define our future” and get “virtually no discussion at all.” He then accused “American media” of not allowing these “legitimate” debates.

Trending:
'Home Improvement' Actor Charged With Felony DUI

“Both political parties and their donors have reached consensus on what benefits them and they actively collude to shut down any conversation about it,” he declared.

Watch the video below:

“When honest people say what’s true, calmly and without embarrassment, they become powerful. At the same time, the liars who have been trying to silence them shrink. They become weaker. That’s the iron law of the universe. True things prevail.”

“See you soon,” Carlson said ending his message.

Carlson did not mention Fox or his ouster in the video.

Since his departure from Fox News, Carlson has been seen enjoying time with his family.

He told the Daily Mail on Tuesday evening, “Retirement is going great so far.”

“I haven’t eaten dinner with my wife on a weeknight in seven years,” Carlson also said.

Related:
Trump Hits Serious Note, Tells Laura Ingraham He Won't 'Smile' Because Country Is 'Dying'

Check out the photos below:

On Monday, Fox said in a statement, “FOX News Media and Tucker Carlson have agreed to part ways. We thank him for his service to the network as a host and prior to that as a contributor. Mr. Carlson’s last program was Friday April 21st.”

It appeared Carlson did not see it coming, as his last words on his show Friday night were, “We’ll be back on Monday. In the meantime, have the best weekend ever with the ones that you love, and we’ll see you then.”

On the same day of Carlson’s ouster, Don Lemon was “terminated” by CNN — after 17 years at the network.

Carlson’s departure sparked a mass reaction and Fox Corporation’s stock tumbled Monday.

Per Mediaite, the Fox 8 p.m. time slot had 2.6 million total viewers on Monday — a decline from the 3.2 million viewers the Monday prior. And the bad news for Fox continued, as many shared on Twitter that they canceled their subscriptions to Fox News.

The Wall Street Journal reported on Wednesday that Carlson’s departure was in part due to remarks he made in private text messages about Fox News colleagues and bosses.

According to a TMZ report, sources claim NewsNation is interested in both Carlson and Lemon.

Truth and Accuracy

Submit a Correction



We are committed to truth and accuracy in all of our journalism. Read our editorial standards.

Tags:
, ,
Share
Comment Down Below

Conversation