Iran issued an ominous warning Wednesday, threatening a war extending beyond the Middle East if the U.S. delivers any new attacks.
The threat came after President Donald Trump said he was within an hour of restarting the military campaign against Tehran.
“I was an hour away from making the decision to go today,” Trump told reporters at the White House on Tuesday regarding the status of Operation Epic Fury and an ongoing ceasefire.
Iran has repeatedly warned it would retaliate for any new attacks. It would strike countries in the Middle East that house U.S. bases. On Wednesday, the threat extended far beyond the region.
“If any further aggression is committed against the soil of Iran, that fire whose promise was previously given and remained confined within the framework of a limited regional war, this time will erupt into flames and transcend every border and domain,” Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps leader Ahmad Vahidi wrote on X.
U.S. Central Command confirmed 90 vessels have been redirected and four vessels have been disabled since the start of the naval blockade against Iran.
Officials said the U.S. Marine Corps AH-1Z Viper attack helicopter is patrolling near a commercial vessel going through regional waters as American forces enforce the maritime blockade against Iran.
The House is expected to vote Wednesday on a war powers resolution that directs Trump to withdraw U.S. forces deployed against Iran.
No Tuesday, the Senate advanced its measure to end the war unless Trump gets congressional approval.
Under the 1973 War Powers Act, a president generally has 60 days to get congressional authorization, end the military action, or seek a limited extension while withdrawing forces.














Continue with Google