President Donald Trump’s re-election campaign is getting a new national press secretary.
In a statement on Tuesday, the campaign announced that White House principal deputy press secretary Hogan Gidley is leaving the administration to join the campaign.
Gidley will be filling the job previously held by White House Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany.
In a tweet, Trump praised Gidley as a “strong, loyal and trusted member of the team that I know will do an outstanding job!”
And Trump campaign manager Brad Parscale said in a statement, “Hogan Gidley has been at the President’s side for three years, and now he joins the fight to re-elect him.”
He continued, “He is a talented advocate and defender of the President and his policies and is never afraid to go into battle with hostile reporters and television hosts. Hogan is a great addition to the team and makes us even stronger.”
Gidley said he was “humbled and deeply appreciative to President Trump for giving me a front-row seat to witness history.”
He continued, “My time at the White House has truly been a blessing beyond measure and getting to speak directly to the American people on behalf of this President has been an incredible honor. President Trump’s record-setting accomplishments have improved the lives of all Americans, and I can’t wait to get over to the campaign and fight for his re-election.”
Gidley has worked in the White House communications office since 2017.
Truth and Accuracy
We are committed to truth and accuracy in all of our journalism. Read our editorial standards.