The Democratic National Convention will kick off on Monday evening, setting the stage for an unprecedented convention as the U.S. still combats the coronavirus pandemic.
The first day of the virtual convention will be held from 9 p.m. to 11 p.m. EST with several prominent figures headlining it.
Check out those who will be speaking on Monday evening:
- Sen. Amy Klobuchar (D-Minn.)
- Sen. Catherine Cortez Masto (D-Nev.)
- New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D)
- Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer (D)
- House Majority Whip Jim Clyburn (D-S.C.)
- Rep. Gwen Moore (D-Wis.)
- Sen. Doug Jones (D-Ala.)
- Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.)
- Former First Lady Michelle Obama
Additionally, those tuning in to the convention on Monday night will see performances from singer-songwriter Maggie Rogers and singer Leon Bridges.
Presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden’s running mate, Kamala Harris, will deliver a speech later in the week on Wednesday. Former Vice President Biden will deliver a speech on Thursday and accept the Democratic nomination then.