A restaurant chain was slapped with a lawsuit after a Connecticut woman allegedly received a salad with a “human finger” in it.
Allison Cozzi, of Greenwich, filed a lawsuit against Chopt Creative Salad Co. on Monday after she allegedly received a salad from Chopt’s Mount Kisco, New York, location on April 7 and realized she was chewing on a finger, according to CBS News.
“Shortly after [the] plaintiff purchased the salad, while she was eating the salad, she realized that she was chewing on a portion of a human finger that had been mixed in, and made a part of, the salad,” the lawsuit said.
A woman eating a salad at a New York restaurant earlier this year discovered part of a finger in her food when she bit into the partially severed digit, according to a lawsuit. https://t.co/e90gN0r8p8— NBC News (@NBCNews) November 29, 2023
The finger reportedly ended up in Cozzi’s salad after a manager accidentally cut off part of her pointer finger as she was slicing arugula, according to the lawsuit.
While the manager was taken to the hospital, the contaminated arugula with part of the finger was served to several customers, including Cozzi, according to the lawsuit.
Cozzi claims that she was left with shock, panic attacks, nausea, dizziness, along with neck and shoulder pain as a result of discovering the finger in her salad, she said in the lawsuit.
The Chopt location was later fined $900 by the Westchester County Department of Health in September.
Cozzi’s lawsuit reportedly does not specify the amount of monetary compensation she is seeking.