Police said a woman was standing near the SUV, swaying and 'spaced out,' and inside was a half-empty bottle of tequila.
The off-duty cop knew something was wrong when he saw smoke and saw his neighbor run out of her home with only one of her three children.
First the firefighters tried to lure out the tortoise with some delicious watermelon, but the 100-pound tortoise wasn't cooperating.
The police searched desperately for the little boy, calling his name and trying to find him in the smoke-filled room.
The car had been upside-down in the water for 20 minutes, but then firefighters heard a sound coming from it.
The referee wasn't breathing, and he had no pulse. His wife, a nurse, was sure he was dead - she just hoped Copeland would bring him back.
Tragedy struck in Philadelphia after a building that caught fire collapsed while responders were still inside.
Perhaps not the most peaceful way to start a birthday - but after 93, this one was certainly memorable!
A couple and their dog were walking along seaside bluffs when their beloved pet went over the edge of a 60-foot embankment.
Kojo Saunders proved his mettle at an apartment fire after entering a unit and finding the inhabitant still inside, in serious condition.
If all goes well, in four months the little calf named 'Cinder' will be big enough to release back into the wild.
Boy Gets Stuck in Tube Slide and Breaks Arm: Firefighter Climbs in to Comfort Him While He's Treated
The boy's broken arm required surgery, but thanks to one kind firefighter, the situation was not as traumatic as it could've been.
The Houston Fire Department department was ready and willing to take extreme measures to get the stranded victims down.
Tuesday morning was busy for firefighters in Mission, Texas, as they responded to calls for help after heavy rains and flooding hit the area.
Woman Pinned in Flipped, Burning Car Faces Certain Death Until Firefighter Gives Her His Oxygen Mask
When first responders arrived on the scene of the accident around 11 p.m., a car had hit a tree, flipped and caught fire.
Flames leaped from the vehicle and started to make their way into the woods along the road, endangering those in the area.
After Construction Crew Finds Baby Fox Stuck in Pipe, Firefighters and Animal Control Show Up to Help
A security guard even left a French fry close by to try to coax the critter out, but they soon realized it was stuck.
Electric Vehicle Charging Sparks Multiple House Fires, Hundreds of Thousands of Dollars in Damage Caused
Electric vehicles have risks of fire, which must be recognized. Like cars, EVs are also dangerous and not perfect - like politicians think.
The 14-year-old had no idea the concrete pad he had stepped on was a compromised cover for a 40-foot-deep well.
When Heath's wife spotted his truck at the scene of an accident, she thought he was just there being his heroic self.