Anecdotal evidence about the success of the great Bud Light beer Boycott continues to pour in.
In Houston, a restaurant owner added to the narrative when he confirmed in a television interview his Bud Light sales went flat after the brand used Transgender influencer Dylan Mulvaney as a spokesman.
Raul Jacobo, the owner of Coboâs Eado, told KRIV-TV, Fox 26 Houston, about the drop in customer demand for the now-controversial beer brand: âWe pretty much canât even give it away.â
The Culture being what it is, and being with Jacobo being a businessman, after all, he was careful not to offend anyone in his interview.
âPersonally, you know, it doesnât matter to me what your beliefs are,â Jacobo said.
But he also spoke the truth of what heâs experienced running his restaurant.
âBusiness-wise, itâs affected us a lot,â Jacobo said. Since the controversy began, his inventory of Bud Light has not gone down. He has about 14 cases that have not moved since April.
âWith the volume that we get here, people donât necessarily want to speak openly about it,â he said. âBut we all know what it is because we never had that issue before.â
Mulvaney is famous on Tik Tok as a Transgender activist. Heâs cashed in on his internet notoriety by partnering with woke corporations, though it should have been obvious Mulvaney was a poor fit to promote a blue-collar brand like Bud Light.
AB InBev, the Belgian company that owns Anheuser-Busch, placed two marketing executives on leave as the Mulvaney debacle escalated, but has issued no apology for the divisive stunt.
Stories like Jacoboâs are devastating for Bud Light because they are not happening in isolation. Many other locations have reported the same kind of decrease for sales of the Bud Light.
The story of Coboâs Eado Bud Light rejection is repeated in places like the Old Corral Bar and the Robberâs Roost, in Cornville, Arizona.
Grills Seafood Deck and Tiki Bar, with three restaurant locations in Florida, pulled Bud Light from menus.
Bars in Montana reported offended patrons are declining Bud Light sales as well.
In a different scenario that only reinforces the trajectory, one bar that made a point of siding with Bud Lightâs activism has suffered. Fairfax Bar and Grill in Bloomington, Indiana, scolded customers for rejecting Transgender politics.
Despite sympathetic national coverage from the establishment media, now that same bar has been reduced to begging for new patrons. It removed their inflammatory social media posts, but the damage is done.
Itâs not only bars and restaurants. Big box retailers like Costco are reportedly holding desperate clearance sales on Bud Light. Anheuser-Busch is giving away free cases of the stuff to their beleaguered distributors.
Bud Light, once Americaâs No. 1 beer, has taken a massive hit. The evidence is not only anecdotal at this point. Barronâs reported on Monday, citing the trade publication Beer Business Daily, that as of April 22, Bud Light sales outside of restaurants and bars were down 26.1 percent from the previous year. Competing brands like Coors Light and Miller Lite have seen their sales surge.
Taken together, these testimonies show the growth and continuation of a nationwide trend: Bud Light is significantly down in sales after Conservatives called for a Boycott. It may be the most successful conservative Boycott ever mounted so far. Its impact is encouraging.
The Boycott was needed because of globalist overreach. No one asked a woke corporation to start pushing radical gender ideology into the daily lives of Americans. AB InBev earned this Boycott by showing contempt for the value of their customers.
Hopefully, Bud Light will become a cautionary tale against more misplaced social engineering.
This article appeared originally on The Western Journal.
